Mission in India is comprised of the Houses in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa and North Eastern Region of India.
The first Mission Region of the St. Joseph's Province of the Vincentian Congregation was inaugurated on March 19, 2003. At present the Mission has 7 houses in Tamilnadu, 3 houses in Karnataka and 1 centre in Goa. 29 Priests are working in the Mission. It has got 7 Retreat centres, 6 Parishes, 2 Boys Home, I Polytechnic Centre, 1 Public School and 2 High Schools. The Patron Saint of the Mission is St. Francis Xavier. Very Rev. Fr. Mathew Thoyalil was elected and appointed as the first Mission Superior and Rev. Fathers Thomas Thayil and Thomas Palackattu were his Councillors. At present the Vincentian House Bangalore is the Regional House and Rev. Fr. Sebastian Padinjarekuttu leads the region as the Regional Superior.
1n 2006, first house of the Province in the North Eastern Region of India was begun at Jalakhali. Now there are 4 Vincentian Houses with 14 priests working for the glory of God.
Institutions in Mission
- Hoses and centers - 14
- Prayer (Retreat) Centers - 11 (Ambattur, Chopra, Denkanikotta, Elavur, Bangalore, Trichy, Hubli, Jalalkhalli, Mariamnagar, Mumbai and Kolkata).
- Parishes (Latin) - 6 (Adaikalapuram, Chengam, Denkanikottai, Mariamnagar, Pungavadi and Jalalkhalli).
- Parishes (Syro-Malabar) - 4 (Ambattur, Bangalore, Ramamurthynagar and Mumbai)
- Orphanages & boarding - 2 (Adaikalapuram & Chengam)
- L. P. Schools – 2 (Adaikalapuram, and Ron)
- High Schools (Tamil Unaided) - 2 (Adaikalapuram and Chengam)
- Polytchnic – 1 (Hubli)
Sponsor a Seminarian
You are invited to sponsor a seminarian with a donation to cover the annual education costs of one of our seminarians.read more
Sponsor a Student
You are invited to sponsor a student with a donation to cover the annual education costs of one of our students.read more