Patron: St. Vincent de Paul
Adaikalapuram, Denkanikotta 635 107
Krishnagiri Dt., Tamil Nadu
- Fr. Kodamullil Cyriac (Provincial Councillor & Director, Anugraha Project Adaikalapuram Denkanikotta; Finance Officer of V.H. and De Paul High School)
- Fr. Pushparaj M. (Director,Boys Home & Asst. Finance Officer)
- Fr. Valliamthadathil Alex (Superior; Parish Priest & Director, Department of Social Service in Tamil Nadu,Corresponndent of the School and Member of the Popular Mission Team)
- Adaikalamatha Parish (1962)
- De Paul Elementary School (1966)
- St. Vincent's Home for Children (1968) - 04347-291430
- De Paul High School (1999) - 04347-291038
Vincentian Congregation starts its first Mission in Tamilnadu at Adaikalapuram in the year 1962. The late Bishop of Salem Rt. Rev. Dr. V.S. Selvanathan was happy enough to invite us to his Diocese to look after a Catholic village, Adikalapuram, 160 km north of Salem. It was an underdeveloped area near the border of Karnataka State. At present Adaikalapuram is situated in the ecclesiastical boundary of Dharmapuri Diocese, and in the Revenue District of Krishnagiri. The heavenly patron of this House is St. Vincent De Paul.
Rev. Fr. Ignatius Kalathil was our guide to the Diocese of Salem in the year 1962. He was the Parish Priest of Dasarappally of which Adikalapuram and Denkanikotta were substations at our arrival here. Rev. Fr. Joseph Pampackal was the pioneer to our mission of Adaikalapuram, who started the Mission on May 31, 1962. Then onwards Adikalpuram became Parish separated from the Parish of Dasarappally. Denkanikotta and Kelamangalam were the two substations of Adaikalapuram. Rev. Fr. Joseph Pampackal was the first Parhish Priest and Superior of our Mission. There were two chapels with end walls and tiled roofing at Adaikalapuram and Denkanikotta when we took charge of the Parish.
Our new Church of Adaikalapuram and Vincentian House was constructed in the year while late Very rev. Fr. Jacob Kallarackal was the Superior General. On 23rd of April 1968 the present Church and the Vincentian House was blessed by the then Bishop of Salem late Rt. Rev. Dr. V.S. Selvanathan. In 1966 a new Church at Kelamangalam was built, where Mass and liturgical services were conducting in houses of the faithful so far. In June 6, 1973 Denkanikotta was raised to a separate Parish.
Sponsor a Seminarian
You are invited to sponsor a seminarian with a donation to cover the annual education costs of one of our seminarians.read more
Sponsor a Student
You are invited to sponsor a student with a donation to cover the annual education costs of one of our students.read more